30.11.2009 - 03.12.2009 | Almaty, Kazakhstan
"Path to Europe" - Kazakh participation in the European Union Seventh Framework Programme, FP7
Three significant events to bring the Kazakhstan scientific community closer to FP7 and the European Research Area will take place in Almaty, Kazakhstan. An FP7 Information Day, FP7 Training Workshop and FABF Round Table will be held within the State Program “Path to Europe” of the Republic of Kazakhstan and in accordance with the work programmes of two networking projects: INCONET-EECA and BIO CIRCLE.
During four days, 30th November – 3rd December 2009 the following events will take place:
- FP7 Information Day: 30th November 2009 (Al-Farabi ave. 71, conference hall of BIO faculty of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University). Its agenda consists of general information on FP7, and presentations on FP7 priorities and current calls, existing projects and networks, and specific events. Special session of the InfoDay devoted to presentations of current FP7 projects with participation of Kazakh research institutions, which will be represented by the project’s partners. Download agenda.
- FP7 Training: 1st and 2nd December 2009 (Al-Farabi ave. 71, conference hall of BIO faculty of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University). Participants of the training will learn specific thematic priorities of FP7, requirements and rules of calls for proposals, participation rules in thematic calls and horizontal actions of the FP7, writing successful project proposal, finding eligible partners, using relevant websites, and making them known by the European and third countries partners. Special attention will be given to practical trainings in the field of legal and financial aspects. Download agenda.
- FAFB Round Table: will be held on the second half of the 2nd December and 3rd December 2009 at Institute of Economy of the Kazakh AgroIndustry Complex (Satpayev str. 30-b, 050057 Almaty). This event is foreseen by the Work programme of the BIO CIRCLE project in order to discuss common topics of research in Thematic Priority 2 “Food, Agriculture, Fishery and Biotechnology”. The Round Table will be moderated by Dr. Chiara Pocaterra, APRE, Agency to Promote European Research, Rome, Italy, coordinator of the BIO CIRCLE project. Participants of the event will discuss FAFB topics in accordance to FP7 FAFB Work Programme and most important priorities of Kazakhstan in the field of Food, Agriculture, Animal Welfare, and Biotechnology. The event participants will develop the Conclusion, which will be submitted to the European Commission to consider its relevance to the future FP7-FP8 calls for proposals. Download agenda.
The events are organized by two FP7 projects:
- INCONET-EECA, S&T International Cooperation Network for Eastern European and Central Asian Countries. The project facilitates a coordination of science and technology policies building on common interest and aiming at mutual benefit in order to strengthen the cooperation between EU and EECA. Consortium of the project includes 23 partners from the European Union, Eastern European and Central Asian countries. The project coordinator is International Centre for Black Sea Studies, ICBSS, Greece. (More information is attached. Please see the project information)
- BIO CIRCLE, Creating a CIRCLE by extending the BIO NCP network to Third Country NIPs. The specific objective of BIO CIRCLE is to extend the network of National Contact Points (NCP) for the FP7 theme “Food, Agriculture and Fisheries and Biotechnology” (FAFB) to National Information Points (NIP) from major Third Country partners in 2 years. Consortium of the projects consists of 24 countries from the EU, Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and Kazakhstan. Coordinator of the project is Agency to Promote the European Research – APRE, Rome, Italy (More information is attached. Please see the project information)
Organizers, trainers and moderators of the events:
Dr. Chiara Pocaterra, National Contact Point, FP7 Theme 2 "Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology", FP7 Theme 5 "Energy", Euratom Programme, APRE, Agency for the Promotion of the European Research, tel. +39 06 48939993, fax +39 06 48902550, http://www.apre.it/; e-mail : email@example.com; Via Cavour 71 - 00184 Rome, Italy
Dr. Zygmunt Krasinski, Deputy Director of NCP, National Contact Point for Research Programmes of the EU in Poland, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research Polish Academy of Sciences (IPPT PAN), tel: +48228287481; fax: +48228285370; http://www.kpk.gov.pl/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Pawinskiego 5B, 02-106 Warsaw, Poland
Dr. Kamila Magzieva, Director of InExCB-Kz, FP7 National Coordinator in Kazakhstan, Kazakh partner of both projects; http://www.nip.kz/, tel. +77272509210; +77772150915; fax: +772722509240; e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, Jandosov str. 36, 050057 Almaty, Kazakhstan