This calendar is not being updated any longer. Please visit the News and Events page for current information. For an overview of all past events in this calendar, please click all events as PDF.
The German-Ukrainian Forum of Young Researchers – Part I
Kyiv and Lviv/Kharkiv
Link to event
University of Tübingen in cooperation with the German-Ukrainian Academic Society is organizing the German-Ukrainian Forum of Young Researchers, supported by the DAAD from the means of the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Tentative program (updated: 21 October 2017)
This event will consist of two parts:
Part I: an exploratory and networking tour, visiting some of the leading Ukrainian Universities and research institutes (Kyiv and Lviv/Kharkiv, 7-12 December 2017)
Confirmed speakers for the examples of best practice of German-Ukrainian research cooperation:
- Genes, signals and switches involved in regulation of secondary metabolism in Streptomyces, Prof. Bohdan Ostash, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- Next-Generation Sequencing and its Applications in Biotechnology, Prof. Jörn Kalinowski Center for Biotechnology, University of Bielefeld
- Digging the past – shaping the future. First results of a German-Ukrainian excavation project in the ancient Greek colony of Olbia Pontike (Mykolaiv Oblast), a joint talk by Dr. Alla Buiskykh, Institute of Archeology, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv and Prof. Jochen Fornasier, Inst. for Archeological Sciences, Goethe University of Frankfurt/ Main
- Presentation of the German-Ukrainian Historical Commission, Prof. Yaroslav Hrytsak, UCU/ Speaker of the German-Ukrainian Historical Commission
- title tbc, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Birgit Glasmacher, Leibniz University Hannover
Part II: an intensive grant-writing and coaching workshop in Berlin, Germany (9-10 February 2018) for those participants of the first part of the Forum, who could demonstrate a high potential in developing bilateral collaborative projects with researchers from the partner country. Furthermore, up to 10 Ukrainian researchers selected to participate in the Part II of the event will have an opportunity for a short (a few days) visit to the (potential) partner laboratory/ group in Germany, ahead of the workshop.
- PhD-level researchers (postdoctoral scholars and junior research group leaders/ associate professors) working either in Germany or Ukraine, who either already have or are interested in developing closer collaborative links with researchers in the partner country, are invited to apply.
- Candidates from any field of research are welcome to apply. Researchers from the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Sociology, Media Sciences, Law, History, Archeology, Ukrainian Language and Literature are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Extended deadline for applications: Wednesday, 1st of November 2017
- Exploratory visit and networking tour (Kyiv and either Lviv or Kharkiv): 7-12 December 2017
- Grant writing and coaching workshop (Berlin): 9-10 February 2018
To apply, please send your CV with names of two referees, list of publications (highlighting up to 5 most important ones), and a motivation letter (1-page max), including a brief description of your existing collaborative links to the partner country (Germany or Ukraine) or why are you interested in participating in the Forum. Please send a single pdf-file per e-mail to the project coordinator Dr Nataliia Sinkevych at admin (at) ukrainet.eu.