This calendar is not being updated any longer. Please visit the News and Events page for current information. For an overview of all past events in this calendar, please click all events as PDF.
Spreading Excellence and Crossing the Innovation Divide
Link to event
The international conference “Spreading Excellence and Crossing the Innovation Divide” will be organised on 23rd of November 2016 in Brussels with expected participations of 200 guests. Conference takes place at an important point in time since the ex-post evaluation of the 7th Framework Programme will be completed and may thus contribute to the overall assessment and reflection on what has been achieved in the effort of the EU to reduce disparities among Member States in terms of performance. In addition, the interim evaluation of Horizon 2020 will be launched and discussions on the future Framework Programme will start to take shape. Furthermore, the first Widening projects under Teaming Twinning and ERA Chairs have started already in 2015 and some examples might be showcased.
The overall objective of the conference is to provide a platform for stakeholders to have an in-depth discussion on the role of excellence in European research and innovation as well as opportunities presented through Horizon 2020 and ESIF for crossing the innovation gap between countries, regions, research institutions, universities, and enterprises.
The event will:
- serve as a forum to assess results of Teaming, ERA chairs and Twinning projects in order to point out the main reasons for these disparities,
- provide an opportunity and building creating for future knowledge sharing opportunity
An important outcome of the conference will be a final paper on recommendations and suggestions on how to increase the innovation potential an excellence of low-performing states in the field of science and research. Also, insights and results from the conference sessions can serve as a supporting material for the Horizon 2020 interim evaluation.
- Lowering barriers for better integration of pan-European scientific potential
- First experiences with widening instruments under Horizon 2020
- Beyond the Horizons
- Positioning excellence in the innovation ecosystem
- Research mobility and brain circulation – Gain, train, retain
- National instruments realising a balanced ERA
Who should attend
The event aims to bring together European and national stakeholders, in particular, universities, research organizations, small and medium sized enterprises, researchers and European, national and regional government representatives and policy makers.