This calendar is not being updated any longer. Please visit the News and Events page for current information. For an overview of all past events in this calendar, please click all events as PDF.
8th `Environment for Europe´ Ministerial Conference & side events
Link to event
On June 8-10 2016 the Eighth Ministerial Conference `Environment for Europe´ (EfE) will be held in Batumi (Georgia). The UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) serves as the secretariat to the Conference.
Over two-and-a-half days the Batumi Ministerial Conference will address two main themes:
- Greening the Economy in the pan-European Region and
- Improving Air Quality for a Better Environment and Human Health.
- Also, a high-level segment on Education for Sustainable Development will be organized during the Conference with a view to assessing the progress during the first 10 years of the UNECE Strategy of Education for Sustainable Development, and to considering its future implementation.
The Ministerial Conference is expected to include up to approximately 800 official delegates, fostering a unique partnership between member States of the UNECE, organizations of the United Nations system represented in the region, other intergovernmental organizations, Regional Environment Centres, non-governmental organizations, the business sector and other representatives of civil society.
The Ministerial Meeting is flanked by a large number of side events with a strong focus on the Eastern Partnership and Central Asian countries, among others:
- Greening Economies in Eastern Partnership Countries
- Greening the Economy and Sustainable Development in Central Asia - Current Achievements and the Way Forward
- Promoting Green Economy in the Caucasus
- Mainstreaming practical application of green development mechanisms into environmental policies and practice in South Caucasus
- Launch of the Environmental Performance Review of Georgia
- Emerging Environmental Health Challenges in the UNECE region – key recommendations from the EfE Ministerial Conference 2016 to the Environment for Health Ministerial Conference 2017 (organisations from the Caucasus region and Central Asia)
- Information Session on `European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) East Countries Forest Law Enforcement and Governance (FLEG) II Program´
- Circular economy in Central and Eastern Europe and its neighbouring region: business opportunities, innovative solutions, job creation and growth potential
For details visit the event website and/or download the side event information under `event flyer´.