The Center of International Projects of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova was opened
The Center of International Projects opened its doors in January 2009. It is an auxiliary public institution of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (ASM) established in compliance with Article 79 of the Code on Science and Innovation of the Republic of Moldova.
The mission of the Center is:
- to promote and administer bilateral programmes and international projects in the sphere of science and innovation;
- to offer managerial, technical, financial and legal assistance to the members of Moldovan scientific community, including consulting activities, seminars, trainings and other activities in the framework of international and bilateral projects.
The Center, jointly with the Department for European Integration and International Cooperation, are the main actors promoting international cooperation within the ASM.
Since 2005, in the framework of bilateral scientific Agreements signed between ASM and similar institutions abroad were launched bilateral grant programmes with the following institutions:
- Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research (BRFFR) - Within the cooperation Agreement between ASM and the BRFFR are implemented 16 research projects for 2008-2009. A new call was recently launched.
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany (BMBF) - In 2009, on the basis of the Memorandum of Intentions on scientific and technological cooperation signed between ASM and BMBF in March 2008, are currently under implementation 10 collaborative research projects. A new call was recently launched.
- Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS) - In October 2008, between ASM and ANCS was signed the Programme on bilateral cooperation in the field of scientific research, technological development and innovation. Joint collaborative initiatives such as projects, scientific seminars and summer schools will be financially supported. The open call is expected to be launched soon.
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) - Within the framework of the bilateral Agreement on scientific and technological cooperation between ASM and the RFBR were financed 44 projects for the 2006-2007 time period, in 2008-2009 are implemented another 45 projects.
- Russian Foundation for the Humanities (RFH) - An agreement has been signed on 23rd of January 2009, and a joint open call was launched in March 2009, in which were submitted 24 project proposals.
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MESU) - On 2nd of December 2008, ASM signed an agreement on scientific cooperation with MESU, in the framework of which was launched a bilateral programme of grants in January 2009. 72 project proposals are under evaluation.
- U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF) - Significant support for the Moldovan science development is granted by U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF) through the Moldovan Research and Development Association (MRDA) its partner organization established in 2000 within a Cooperation Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Moldova and CRDF.
In addition, the Center will actively involve in promoting cooperation with international donors to attract funding for the support of science and innovation sector in Moldova by facilitating the implementation of their activities in the Republic of Moldova (programs, projects, events).
Dr. Lidia Romanciuc
Director of the Center of International Projects of the ASM,
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Tel.: (+373 22) 270774 / 577707