State budget support for international cooperation in science and technology in 2012 approved in Belarus
On 30 December 2011 the Law № 331-З
“On the republican budget for 2012” was approved. According to this document, the expenditures and revenues will be equal and are fixed at the level of 92 772 bln. rubles.
1 389,5 bln rubles or 1,5% of the total budget expenditures will be spent for science, technology and innovation. Of them, 3,6% (50,6 bln. rubles or over 6 mln. USD for 1 January 2012) will be used for developing the international cooperation.
Expenditures for international cooperation in science, technology and innovation may include:
- Support for international bi- and multilateral research programs and projects;
- Support for international scientific conferences, seminars, symposia and exhibitions, as well as for participation of research organizations and companies in them;
- National contribution to the budget of calls for proposals carried out by international or foreign organizations, as well as co-funding of such calls;
- Reimbursement of expenditures for hosting foreign delegations and seconding Belarusian researchers and experts abroad within international agreements in science and technology;
- Membership fee of the Republic of Belarus in international research organizations it takes part in.
Source: Olga Meerovskaya, BelIsa