Uzbekistan: Priority Directions for the Development of Science and Technology 2012-2020
The Uzbek Committee for Coordination of Science and Technology Development approved the priority directions for the development of science and technology for 2012-2020, developed by the leading scientists and specialists of the country jointly with interested ministries and departments.
The priority directions for the development of science and technology development for 2012-2020 comprise the following thematic areas:
- Spiritual-moral and cultural development of democratic and legal society, innovation economy formation
- Energy, energy-resource saving
- Development of usage of renewable energy resources
- Development of Information and Communication Technologies
- Agriculture, Biotechnology, Ecology and Environmental protection
- Medicine and Pharmacology
- Chemical Industry and Nanotechnologies
- Science of the Earth (geology, geophysics, seismology)
In accordance with the priority directions for the development of science and technology for the state scientific-technical programs of fundamental and applied researches for 2012-2016, state scientific-technical programs of applied researches for 2012-2014 have been developed and confirmed, and tasks for the realization of each program have been defined.