BILAT-UKR Kick-off: Enhancing the Bilateral S&T Partnership between EU Countries and Ukraine
Against the background of the EU-Ukraine S&T Cooperation Agreement, BILAT-UKR
- which is financed by the EU and started in September 2008 - focuses on providing a smooth and flexible frame to foster EU-Ukraine cooperation in science and technology, aiming in particular at an increased Ukrainian participation in FP7.
The major objectives
of BILAT-UKR are:
- to strengthen the S&T cooperation between the EU and Ukraine, in particular through a stronger participation of Ukraine in FP7 and through a better link between activities on Member State and Community level,
- to further improve the framework for enhanced future and sustainable S&T cooperation between the EU and Ukraine and contribute to develop optimum cooperation instruments,
- to provide support for the Working Groups set up in Ukraine with the aim to prepare a thorough thematic and high level policy dialogue between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the European Commission in view of the envisaged association of Ukraine to FP7.
Among the central activities of the project are:
- information gathering and dissemination on S&T in Ukraine, on relevant cooperation programmes and examples of good cooperation practice, including the creation of an EU-Ukrainian S&T web-portal,
- creating an inventory of existing instruments, rules and regulations and a proposal for legal and organisational frames for cooperation,
- providing a knowledge base for newly emerging horizontal issues of sustainable cooperation (mobility, S&T infrastructure, innovation),
- supporting Ukrainian working groups for thematic cooperation as well as preparing measures to set up Ukrainian mirror technology platforms.
Synergies of the BILAT-UKR activities with other relevant projects especially the network IncoNet EECA with its Central Information Office for the S&T cooperation between the EU, Eastern Europe as well as Central Asia and its regional correspondents will be ensured.
BILAT-UKR runs from September 2008 over a period of 3 years. The project consortium consists of 10 partners from Ukraine, France, Germany, Austria, Poland and Romania. Representatives of all participating institutions met on 26 September 2008 in Brussels to discuss necessary measures for a successful project implementation.
The following institutions participate in BILAT-UKR:
Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN)
National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS)
Research & Development Engineering and Manufacturing for Automation Equipment and Systems (IPA-SA)
Timisoara Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (CCIAT)
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) - Coordinator
- National Information Centre for Ukraine-EU Scientific and Technical Cooperation at the Kyiv State Centre for Scientific, Technical and Economic Information (NIP-UA) - Co-Coordinator
- National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU)
- International Bureau of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research at the Project Management Agency c/o German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Centre for Innovation and Technology in NRW (ZENIT)
Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI)
More information: http://www.bilat-ukr.eu
Source: International Bureau of the BMBF